Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 3:Sierpinski Triangle / Oakland museum

Today we were at school on the computer learning how to make a new pattern by using the computer it was cool to do things on the computer I never new that i was capable to do. After we finish creating our patterns we went to the Oakland museum and took pictures of it's surroundings and see things we haven't seen before.
This was the picture that i made in the classroom I think is pretty good but I could make it better but still I like this because it was my first time i ever tried this before or this type of pattern but I'm happy with it. Also the pattern is self-similarity because you can see triangles in triangles and that cool also the complexion that it has is pretty cool.At the museum I took this picture and it's my favorite from all the others because you can that it self-similarity and it follows a regular pattern but looks like if complex pattern and if you can see the others flowers you would be able to tell they follow the same algorithm.


I took a picture of this fish also because is a part of nature and if you look at it scales it also holds patterns really simple one's but if you hold one closer you be able to tell that there patterns over patterns. This is my last photo that i took at the Oakland museum but what really interesting about this picture is that it's self-similarity because each piece that branch off still looks the same as the other one look same no matter what side you look at it.



1 comment:

  1. That last one is awesome! By getting in close you brought out a lot of the detail of the self-similar pattern. Good work!

    ReplyDelete